I’M NEW & I’VE GOT QUESTIONS
We know what it’s like to be new and have questions. Hopefully, this will answer most of them.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Signs along Executive Park Court will direct you to our main entrance on the south side of the building. When you arrive, look for the designated visitor spaces just across from our front doors. You’ll find handicap parking right in front of the doors as well. Check out our campus map and pictures.
Our ushers and greeters are ready to welcome you at both services. They will happily give you a bulletin and help you find a seat if you’d like. If you need worship aids such as hearing devices, large print bulletins, or information about worship activities designed for children, an usher or greeter can assist you with these as well. Our Welcome Center just inside the doors is staffed after each service with volunteers who are eager to meet you and help you discover the great opportunities our church has to offer.
Redeemer is an Anglican congregation and our worship is both liturgical and sacramental. All that you need in order to participate will be contained in the bulletin. We encourage people to bring their own Bible (in print or on your electronic device), but if you don’t have one, they are provided in the pews.
If you are a baptized follower of Jesus Christ, you are welcome to receive Communion. The chalice contains wine for sipping or dipping of the wafer. Gluten-free wafers and grape juice are also available. If you choose not to take Communion, you may either remain seated or you may come forward and receive a prayer of blessing by crossing your arms in front of you as you kneel.
The Sunday morning offering is for members of Church of the Redeemer to support the mission of the church. As a guest, you are invited to complete a blue information card and drop that in the offering plate.
During Communion and after, trained prayer counselors are available in the adjacent Chapel area to pray with you for physical, emotional, and/or spiritual healing.
At 9:50, between the two services, we have Nursery for those under 5, Sunday School for children age 5 to grade 5, Journey Groups for Middle and High School youth, and an Adult Discipleship Class. We invite you to join us during this time.
Wednesday nights are a time of gathering for fellowship and study. Our time together begins with a shared potluck meal at 6. Programs for all ages begin at 6:30. Check the Adult Discipleship page to see our current offerings.
- Can I come to Redeemer if I’m __________? Of course! We welcome everyone into our doors regardless of how you fill in the blank.
- What do I wear to church? Wear whatever you’re comfortable in. You will commonly see dresses, slacks, khakis, shorts, sneakers, dress shoes, and flip-flops.
- What do my kids do on a Sunday morning? During both services we have a fully staffed nursery for your littlest of littles. Children from age 5 through 5th grade are dismissed during both services to Children’s Church, and at the 11:00 service the Middle School youth are also dismissed to Uprising; all rejoin their families for Communion.
- Do I have to give money? Absolutely not. But that doesn’t mean we won’t collect an offering. Our offerings go to support the ministries and mission of Church of the Redeemer – to build relationships between God and his people.
- Will I be asked to stand up because I’m a visitor? No way! But we love it when our guests stop by our Welcome Center to receive a guest bag. It’s full of information about the church, along with a couple of small gifts. What we think is really great is when our guests stay to introduce themselves after the service.
- Have a question we didn’t answer here? Contact the office and we’ll get back to you ASAP.