Dear Redeemer Family:
As our Palm Sunday liturgy declared, you are all invited this Holy Week to follow our Lord Jesus and walk with him through his final days, his suffering and death, to the glory of his resurrection. I pray that you will enter with joy upon the contemplation of his mighty acts, whereby he has opened to us new life and immortality.
Your Anglican Prayer Book is a wonderful resource to be used every day, but especially during this Holy Week. I encourage you to engage each day with one (or more) of the daily office liturgies (pages 11-88). Pay attention to the options for scriptures, antiphons, prayers, and canticles especially relevant for Lent and for Holy Week. There is a special collect written for each day this week (p.607-8). I also encourage you to take time each day to read each of the four scripture selections especially chosen for each day of Holy Week (see p. 721-22). You will find the liturgies for our Anglican Holy Week services starting on page 559 withMaundy Thursday. If you do not yet own a copy of the Anglican Prayer Book, click HERE to download a PDF copy for your personal use.
Here is our Holy Week Schedule:
- Redeemer’s Stations of the Cross will be available beginning Tuesday through the LINK on our website, redeemerlives.net
- Redeemer’s Lenten Devotional for Holy Week will be emailed on Tuesday. Click HERE to have access to prior weeks’ devotionals.
- Maundy Thursday will be at 7PM, both in-person and on Facebook Live.
- Good Friday Traditional Service will be at Noon, in-person & on Facebook.
- Tenebrae on the evening of Good Friday will be at 7PM, in person & on Facebook.
Liturgies for these services will be available on Redeemer’s website. See below for more information on each of the services.
All of these services will be posted on Redeemer’s Facebook page for you to access at your convenience, if you are not able to attend live.
May the Peace of the Lord Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit, be with you in your own journey through this Holy Week.